Thursday, August 18, 2005

Caught in the Harry Potter Trap!


Yup, it’s official now. I am finally caught in the Harry Potter trap. As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I decided to check out Harry Potter as I was very much provoked by the hype created by the 6th book. And I am so glad, I did. According to me, there is nothing fascinating about the story of Harry Potter. It is just like some black & white “mayajalam” movie. But what is great about it, is the imagination of the author. J.K. Rowling has etched every scene with wonderful creativity. It is b’coz of that you instantly get acquainted with the story and the characters. The narration is also very racy that you hardly know when you got hooked on to the story. I can only say that you have to just experience the fun!

Once I finished reading the book, I wanted to see the movie immediately. But I was very disappointed when I saw it. It was not even half as interesting as the book. When I saw “Lord of the Rings”, I became a great fan of it. But people who read the book told me that the book was amazing and the movie was not even close. I completely agree with them now. Some stories are best READ than seen.

I have heard Harry Potter fans say, “The world is made up of just two kinds of people: One, who have read the book and are fans of Harry Potter and the other, who have not read it yet”. Now I truly understand the meaning. And I am so happy to have moved to the other side of the world.

I have already ordered the next book…Chamber of secrets! Again, some people reading this may say, “What?? Next book, already?? You have gone mad.” While, there may be others, who would just have a smile on their face and say, “Welcome to our world!”.

5 Comments:

Blogger Blogpur said...

Hi Preethi
I was dissmissing Harry Potter as just another childish piece of fiction, when in 2002 a friend forced me to read it. I did so and was enchanted. So in two weeks I read Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban. I have read the first 5 so far, and am waiting until the store gets more copies of 6.

The movies however are really pathetic in my opinion.

8/18/2005 6:18 AM  
Blogger Aatma said...

cool Preethi, looks like I should also give it a try.

8/18/2005 7:13 PM  
Blogger Smashinguy said...

Harry Potter - great books - so so movies...

LOTR - amazing book - well done movies.

And, of course - Welcome to the group! :-)

8/18/2005 9:53 PM  
Blogger ada-paavi!!!! said...

harry potter isnt tat gr8, makes good reading, dont know if i would reread the books again. once u start reading the book u cant stop until uve finished reading them!

8/20/2005 4:29 AM  
Blogger Blogpur said...

hi preethi

can you please help me in using this blogrolling thing?

i got the account, and put in the code, but nothing happens, and im not sure what to do, if you can, please try to help me

much appreciated.

8/21/2005 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home