Thursday, July 28, 2005

Back after a week

Its been a week since I updated my blog...a little busy at work (ok…ok...I can see people raising their eyebrows…"arasiyal le idhu ellam sagajam appa"). More than the work, I guess the actual reason is I was lazy. I have finally started “The Da Vinci Code” and its going great. I think I started the book at a wrong time as I am not able to spend much time on it. But will definitely dedicate a couple of hours of my precious sleep for it.

Also, listened to songs from “Ah Aah” by ARR. Though the album is not great, 2 songs are good. “Anbe Aaruyire” sung by ARR himself is the pick of the album. The music is just ok kind, but ARR's voice is mesmerizing. The next best is “Mayilirage” by Madhusree and Naresh Iyer. It’s a beautiful melody and Naresh Iyer’s voice is awesome. As always Madhushree tortures “Tamizh” a lot.

And I watched “War of the Worlds” last weekend. It was disappointing. Steven Spielberg could have definitely done better. By the way, Tom Cruise was cute…as usual..;)

6 Comments:

Blogger Smashinguy said...

Hey Preethi,

War of the Worlds disappointed me as well. Well, it was all special effects and boom-boom-clang-bang.

The concept Spielberg does convey at the very end when the narrator declares that all the micro-organisms of Earth actually managed to defeat the aliens, is that the Earth we live on is not home just to us humans but also to millions of other living creatures and that every such creature will fight to prevent an alien from usurping its home.

As I said, the concept is great, but the movie was more of the "I-am-paying-for-90-minutes-of-intense-action" variety.

7/27/2005 11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Preethi,

"War of the Worlds" was awful. It could have been taken way better. Jus to mention one, the scene where the long elongated sensors try to reach Tom Cruise and his daughter was a joke. It was jus like a video-game. Tim Robbins was wasted. I really felt like walking out of the movie. It was a bad experience watching the movie.

7/28/2005 8:36 AM  
Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

U didnt like A Ah - my god :( - that's bad!! ARR rocks!! thks for leaving your comments :)..

8/02/2005 3:43 PM  
Blogger Aatma said...

Hey preethi, reached your Blog through Naan_Yaar blogsite, I have blogrolled your blogsite, if you get a chance do visit my blog too

Da Vinci Code is really good book and if you have interest in history - it is really fun to read in tangents about the Knight's Templar, Free Masons [still thriving in US - they have a website too]. The book brings about an interesting theory - naturally we can never know what was the real truth.

Try going to Dan Brown's website, they have pictures of all the places recorded in the book.

About AA Aah, it is ARR songs, just give it sometime it will grow on you.

Try Angels and Demons after this

8/02/2005 5:48 PM  
Blogger Preethi said...

Hi Arjuna, I am a great fan of ARR too. But somehow this album did not stike a chord. Like "Aatma" said, may be I have to give it sometime I guess.

8/03/2005 10:02 AM  
Blogger Preethi said...

Hi Aatma, Thanks for blogrolling me. "The Da Vinci Code" was great.But I somehow liked "Angels & Demons" better. Will definitely visit Dan Brown's site soon.

8/03/2005 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home