Thursday, August 11, 2005

Niagara Falls, Harry Potter & Technology

The title does sound really weird. But I promise, this post is definitely related to all the three.

I went to Niagara Falls this past weekend. I had been there 2 years before and yet I was very excited this time too. It’s an amazing natural wonder. The gushing water, the mist, the rainbow…there is something special about it which makes heart lighter. I think its going to be a new experience, every time you see it.

Right now, I am reading the first book of the Harry Potter series, “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s stone”. I am sure some would say, “Just starting the first one? Which world were U in so long?” and there may be others saying, “U too?? What is so good about it? It’s just a children’s book”. To tell the truth, I have never heard of Harry Potter until I came to the US. But even after I heard about it from some friends, I was never really interested in it b’coz magic and wizardry sounded too childish to me. But after all the hype over the 6th book that released recently, I was definitely provoked. So at last, I decided to try the first one and to be honest “Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry” is really fun and interesting. It’s going on good and I’ll post an update once I am fully done with it.

And finally, this new technology sounds really interesting and wonderful. A wrist band has been developed by a London based design graduate, that stores information about the medication requirements of patients. It communicates with the chip on the medicine packaging to verify if it is the right medicine for the patient. This device is expected to put a stop to the drug errors. Definitely an amazing invention!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

True Preethi,

Niagara is one of the greatest attraction, I have seen. Its definitely worth watching it second time. & Regarding Harry Potter, I fall into your latter category (“U too?? What is so good about it? It’s just a children’s book”) So, I dont wanna comment abt it :)

8/11/2005 10:09 AM  
Blogger Aatma said...

Preethi, do tell me about the book, I fall in your category, the hype over the last book, sure is swaying me towards its side.

A book is a book, so what if it is a children's book, if it is interesting i would love to read it.

About the new technology, i think it is already in use with US Military, the only difference is they keep all the information about the soldier, like what is his current health state, his allergies(very important), etc..

Yes it will be great if introduced for common people too

8/13/2005 4:21 PM  
Blogger Smashinguy said...

Been to Boston for 2 months last year, but never got the chance to see the Niagara. :-(

HS of W&C is some imaginative prowess. I thoroughly enjoyed all teh books so far. Haven't yet got my hands on the 6th one yet, but wont be long.

8/17/2005 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home