Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The “Badhshah” is BACK!!!


After nearly 6 months, millions of fans like me are sure rejoicing today. Sachin Tendulkar is finally back after his recovery from the elbow injury. He is not only back, but back with a bang. 93 runs in 96 balls, 9 boundaries and 2 sixes. No one could have asked for more in the very first match after 6 months. And he was also instrumental in moving Pathan up the order which proved to be a very good move for the match.

I am very happy for Rahul Dravid too. His first victory after being appointed as captain and also for being named “Man of the match”. I hope good times continue for him.

Well, coming back to the title of this post, the peerless Emperor of Indian cricket is BACK and my BEST wishes to him for many more wonderful matches ahead. I am really very happy & excited. I may sound a bit wacky today...well, tell me one reason why I shouldn’t be? ;)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Preethi !!!

Great Post. Obviously, it will be gr8, bcos its abt a great personality :) Yep.. you r rite, Sachin is back with a bang. I am very excited, as all the post-match articles were just about Sachin's innings. One of the reporters, went to the extent of saying "God is Back". I hope "THE GOD" rules the cricket world, as he always used to.

I was also pretty impressed with Rahul, not only for the innings, he played which was full of character, but the way, he spoke at the post-match conference. He under-played his innings, and was all praise for Sachin. This is what Sourav lacked. Even on Occassions, where Sachin had single-handedly won a match for India, Sourav will not give a word-of-praise for Sachin. This is where Rahul stands out.

Let's hope Dravid's boys steer India to the next level.

10/26/2005 9:43 AM  
Blogger Preethi said...

Very true Sesh. It was indeed nice of Dravid to give due credit to Sachin. There was a very good feel about yesterday's match, altogether. Hope this continues...

10/26/2005 3:59 PM  
Blogger Aatma said...

Yes the badshah is back, have been waiting for quite some time to see the Master play again. Nice post preethi

10/26/2005 8:11 PM  
Blogger Filbert said...

I thought I had the best pictures of Sachin :) This one is real good. Added it to my collection...

10/27/2005 4:03 PM  
Blogger Blogpur said...

hi preethi
if you want my honest opinion, please do away with the stars that are coming down from the cursor when we browse your blog.

ofcourse, it's your blog but just that is my opinion.

10/28/2005 5:42 PM  
Blogger Smashinguy said...

Simple statement from me Preethi:
The Indian team is jelling nicely now and I think Rahul is the man the team looks up to. His actions have always spoken volumes. That is the kind of leader a team needs - one who's actions do the talking.

11/08/2005 6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home