Monday, December 05, 2005

A9 maps with BlockView images

When my friend Sesh told me about the A9 maps, I just thought, "Well, how different can it be?". I realized I was so wrong when I visited the site. This beta version provides users with not only the driving directions but also images with the street level information. The website lists the following features:

  • See street-level images of the addresses they enter.
  • Virtually walk up and down the street to see different photo angles of restaurants, offices, shops, public parks and landmarks.
  • Virtually jump to the opposite side of the street.
  • Click anywhere on the map to see images of places nearby.
  • Zoom in and out and see an overlay of all streets for which A9.com currently has BlockView images.
  • Create driving directions, and then click on points along the way (intersections, street corners, etc.) to see how they look in the real world.
  • Click on a point in the map to get the corresponding address.

Right now, it only has a few major cities covered. But I am sure "Amazon" has big plans with this cool tool. For starters, just enter "233 South Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL" and U'll land right in front of the famous "Sears Towers". Kewl, ain't it?

3 Comments:

Blogger Balaji said...

hey that was fun. nice seeing pics of known spots in the neighborhood :)

12/06/2005 1:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's really cool Preethi.. I thght no one can think as innovatively as Google. I was proved wrong.. This is really novel from Amazon.. Hats off..

12/06/2005 10:55 AM  
Blogger Ginkgo said...

hmm wowie...and I thought it was yet another of those sites..

Pretty neat...and nicely done..

but it links with mapquest....
u guyz sure itz amazon?

Looks like another 'thalaivar' fan, eh :-)

12/06/2005 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home